Office 365 - Where is picture manager?

Anonymous
2013-07-04T16:14:33+00:00

Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-05T04:19:46+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Office Picture Manager Tool is no more accessible from the Office Tools folder. There is no Office tool that will explicitly replace Picture Manager but there are picture editing tools within the core apps (like Word, PowerPoint or Excel) that can accomplish many of the same editing functionality which exist in Picture Manager.

You can also use Windows Live Photo Gallery to accomplish all tasks since it has a super set of the Picture Manager features.

You may refer the below link which discuses about the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion\_other-office\_install/what-replaces-office-picture-manager-in-office/a40722c3-c609-4195-b05b-5d3dd2874900

I hope the above information helps. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-09T12:20:44+00:00

    Agree!  It really sucks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-09T12:19:33+00:00

    I totally agree with all that the client above says.  May I suggest that you do as I have done and download ACDSee.  This programme can do a lot more than Picture Manager did, but you have to purchase it, which is the downside.  However, I do a lot of editing of pictures, so I was happy to go with it.  

    It is extremely short-sighted of Microsoft to forget about the laptop and desktop users.  They will never die as they are used in business.  

    Good luck !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-09T11:50:16+00:00

    Hi AhmetSEVIK,

    Yes, please bring back the old Picture Manager.  It was much, much better than current programs in Windows 10 and Office 16.  As I understand it just about all of the problems I encounter with Microsoft these days (this program and others like Edge etc.) is because Microsoft has placed tiny screen smartphone use and convenience over desktops.  Apparently Microsoft has decided Desktops are on the way out.  So instead of designing programs that could operate (i.e. interact) with the user differently depending on if you are on a tiny screen phone or a dual 27" screen PC, they all work as though every one is using a single tiny screen.  Apparently it is just too difficult for the current programmers and their managers to program the ability for the users to turn on/off menus, scrollbars, etc. Since these things are problematic on small screens, Microsoft decreed they should not be allowed anywhere.  Users who employ PC's as part of their productive work, are no longer a class supported by Microsoft.  I think it is very bad now, but future versions of Office will also likely be designed for the tiny screen as well (I mean Microsoft has apparently decided PC's no longer have value).  The reason why the old Picture Manager has been trashed by Microsoft is that it does not function (or so they think) as well on a tiny screen as do their new versions.  Thus Microsoft decreed Picture Manager must go.  That Picture Manager is functionally better does not matter. Productivity in not part of the equation for Microsoft.  YOU MUST ACCEPT THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF TINY SCREENS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T15:21:51+00:00

    This one best of program after excel by Ms. Office and they finished. it. Everybody search it and ask it where is. That means was a succesfuly program. I am user of windows 2016 now but i still intall pciture manager from 2010 version. 

    Ms Office department must get back this pciture manager or must to get add new one better.

    I want to edit pcitures. Not editing in excel or Word. Whay i have to open new document in excel or word or etc program. Microsot paint is **** anyway.

    Which Microsoft program can change resolution of pictures like picture manager.

    YOU HAVE TO PUT BACK THİS PICTURE MANAGER IF YOU WANT TO MAKING BETTER FOR USERS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments