Hi Albert, my last statement was a little too much on the dark side. Not clear enough.
What I meant by that was to rewrite my application in vb.net to avoid issues with Office 365 pro vs Office 365 plus vs Office Std with Access runtime. I know .net has its issues, Windows Updates will show up and break things, just like Office, but at least
I wont have to deal with what it seems to be different "versions" of the same product (Office 365 vs Standard/Pro/run-times or viewers).
You are correct about everything you said, but the simple solution is not that simple as you can see by the comments in this forum. SP1 obviously broke something (as always), but the kicker is that 3 identical systems with Office 365 with the same version
throw the "unrecognized format" error. SP1 one won't install in these systems because they have the "Office 365" version of the programs. So the step of ensuring the target machines have the same version as the machine where the software was compiled goes
out the window (no pun intended), now what? isn't that laughable on their part?
Well, thanks for your comments, I just wish they (Microsoft) would test their updates before releasing them, specially in mixed environments, but then again, the Team may not have time for little things like that, after all, maintaining the multitude of
color themes (3) and figuring out ways of wasting vertical space with their "ribbon" menus takes some serious brain power. I wonder if they know that nowadays most screens are wide-screens and that they are shorter than back in the day.
I don't think my environment is unique, only one dev machine with the full version of Access to compile and x number of target machines that should not need anything but the runtime to run it.
Oh well, even if we were to waste the money getting everyone into Office 365, still would not work.
One wonders who signs their paychecks.
Thanks