Installing Office 365 on another family members computer

Anonymous
2013-02-23T16:23:38+00:00

I Purchased Office 365 for 5 computers.

How do I install Office 365 on another family members computer when they have a different MicroSoft login?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-24T15:06:01+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. As I understand you want to install Office 365 on another computer. Let me help you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, refer the link below to know on how to install Office on more than one computer:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/install-office-on-more-than-one-computer-HA102901468.aspx

Restart the computer once the Office is successfully installed and the other family member can use Office programs, the member can use their own Windows Live ID with the Office 2013 programs in order to save the files to SkyDrive.

I hope the above link helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-04-11T07:29:52+00:00

Go to

Sign in at

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx#

If it's your own computer use the link above to Install.

If it's another person's computer you should be able to Share Office from there by clicking the Share Office 365 bar from the link above. You then have two options Email invite or copy a link. Send the link or email to the person who's computer it is and then they can download and install Office. They need to activate Office with THEIR OWN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, Hotmail or Outlook.com will do if they already have one or create a new Microsoft Account at sign in.

Hope That Helps.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-25T01:24:36+00:00

    Deepa,

    Thank you, this was helpful and confirmed what I needed to do.

    It was a little awkward switching accounts surprisingly but probably my error.

    As a thought, it would be nice if the accounts could be linked for the purpose of sharing the subscription install such that I could have given the other family member permission to use one install on their account without the need to switch accounts.

    Thanks anyhow for a quick reply!

    Best wishes.

    Ian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-22T16:11:29+00:00

    Hello,

    So I am clear,  I have a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids who are computer savvy) we each have a computer running windows 7 or Windows 8 and we each have a smartphone (3x WP8 and 2x iPhone)

    if I purchase Office for Home for 5 PCs I can install on EACH of our family computers and use EACH of our 5 Live IDs with one Office Home subscription for $99/year total (current pricing)?

    Questions:

    1. Will we be able to use a shared calendar,  shared Skydrive, and Share Contacts?
    2. will email be unique for each person in my family (each of our Live IDs)?
    3. Can we attach a family domain name?

    thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-14T21:14:59+00:00

    I am having the same problem, but the link doesn't work anymore. Is there another one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments