Installing Office 365 on another family members computer

Anonymous
2013-02-23T16:23:38+00:00

I Purchased Office 365 for 5 computers.

How do I install Office 365 on another family members computer when they have a different MicroSoft login?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-24T15:06:01+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. As I understand you want to install Office 365 on another computer. Let me help you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, refer the link below to know on how to install Office on more than one computer:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/install-office-on-more-than-one-computer-HA102901468.aspx

Restart the computer once the Office is successfully installed and the other family member can use Office programs, the member can use their own Windows Live ID with the Office 2013 programs in order to save the files to SkyDrive.

I hope the above link helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-04-11T07:29:52+00:00

Go to

Sign in at

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx#

If it's your own computer use the link above to Install.

If it's another person's computer you should be able to Share Office from there by clicking the Share Office 365 bar from the link above. You then have two options Email invite or copy a link. Send the link or email to the person who's computer it is and then they can download and install Office. They need to activate Office with THEIR OWN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, Hotmail or Outlook.com will do if they already have one or create a new Microsoft Account at sign in.

Hope That Helps.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-02-01T02:25:18+00:00

    I don't know what the issue is there.  Try initiating a support chat using the link on the support site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-31T21:17:54+00:00

    Dear Deepa,

    I'm just installing the 365 Home Premium and all went well on my laptop. I'm now trying to add a second user and comes to the phase where I shall send the e-mail invitation. I put the e-mail address in the box and click "send"....and it does not work.

    I get a message " unfortunately something went wrong sending your message" and then a code (9e219f6a-d5e5-469b-b67d-7bcd2e1acdbe). I tried several times with same result. Any ide what this can be? I try to send the invitation to a gmail address. Could that be the problem?

    Unfortunately the Microsoft Support is **** here in Sweden, so one can not call anywhere before 8 am or after 5 pm workdays...and I found nothing about it in the Swedish forum. And when I try to find some US MS support number, it only re-direct me to the Swedish.

    Many thanks'

    Stephan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-31T21:13:15+00:00

    The invitation will be sent in the form of an e-mail message. The family member needs to open that message in the mail application on their computer and follow the instructions that it contains.

    Hi Doug, I'm just installing the 365 Home Premium and all went well on my laptop. I'm now trying to add a second user and comes to the phase where I shall send the e-mail invitation. I put the e-mail address in the box and click "send"....and it does not work. I get a message " unfortunately something went wrong sending your message" and then a code (9e219f6a-d5e5-469b-b67d-7bcd2e1acdbe). I tried several times with same result. Any ide what this can be? I try to send the invitation to a gmail address. Could that be the problem? Unfortunately the Microsoft Support is **** here in Sweden, so one can not call anywhere before 8 am or after 5 pm workdays...and I found nothing about it in the Swedish forum. And when I try to find some US MS support number, it only re-direct me to the Swedish. Many thanks' Stephan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments