Installing Office 365 on another family members computer

Anonymous
2013-02-23T16:23:38+00:00

I Purchased Office 365 for 5 computers.

How do I install Office 365 on another family members computer when they have a different MicroSoft login?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-24T15:06:01+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. As I understand you want to install Office 365 on another computer. Let me help you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, refer the link below to know on how to install Office on more than one computer:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/install-office-on-more-than-one-computer-HA102901468.aspx

Restart the computer once the Office is successfully installed and the other family member can use Office programs, the member can use their own Windows Live ID with the Office 2013 programs in order to save the files to SkyDrive.

I hope the above link helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-04-11T07:29:52+00:00

Go to

Sign in at

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx#

If it's your own computer use the link above to Install.

If it's another person's computer you should be able to Share Office from there by clicking the Share Office 365 bar from the link above. You then have two options Email invite or copy a link. Send the link or email to the person who's computer it is and then they can download and install Office. They need to activate Office with THEIR OWN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, Hotmail or Outlook.com will do if they already have one or create a new Microsoft Account at sign in.

Hope That Helps.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-03T17:54:38+00:00

    Hi-

    My family has a household account of Microsoft 365.  I was invited by email to have the 5th license.  I accepted and see under "family" the person who invited me.  I do not see how to now access Microsoft 365 on my computer.  I do not see a link to download or access via cloud, etc.  I only see the link for a free trial or to buy.  Please help.

    Laura

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-25T21:02:58+00:00

    You don't need to activate the second install with your credentials the user of the second install needs to activate with their own Microsoft account either newly created or existing.  A Hotmail account will do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-25T15:12:52+00:00

    Well, that page doesn't answer the question at all.  It is pretty easy to install.  My real question is do I have to put my Microsoft Credentials on my child's computer.

    I am required to activate the second installation with my credentials.  Now my kid has access to all my documents.

    You seem to provide no explanation for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments