Installing Office 365 on another family members computer

Anonymous
2013-02-23T16:23:38+00:00

I Purchased Office 365 for 5 computers.

How do I install Office 365 on another family members computer when they have a different MicroSoft login?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-24T15:06:01+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. As I understand you want to install Office 365 on another computer. Let me help you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, refer the link below to know on how to install Office on more than one computer:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/install-office-on-more-than-one-computer-HA102901468.aspx

Restart the computer once the Office is successfully installed and the other family member can use Office programs, the member can use their own Windows Live ID with the Office 2013 programs in order to save the files to SkyDrive.

I hope the above link helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-04-11T07:29:52+00:00

Go to

Sign in at

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx#

If it's your own computer use the link above to Install.

If it's another person's computer you should be able to Share Office from there by clicking the Share Office 365 bar from the link above. You then have two options Email invite or copy a link. Send the link or email to the person who's computer it is and then they can download and install Office. They need to activate Office with THEIR OWN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, Hotmail or Outlook.com will do if they already have one or create a new Microsoft Account at sign in.

Hope That Helps.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-04T03:02:30+00:00

    I would get the person who added you to the "Family" to go back into their Office 365 Home > Share Office 365 section and then click "add user" and then "Share with your Microsoft Family". I'm sorry I don't know how you install Office 365 from there I only know the email method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-02T00:43:41+00:00

    Hi Aadilsaeed2016

    You need to go online to your Microsoft account. There are a number of different ways to do this and in my case I went to Microsoftstore.com -> My Account -> My Orders -> Digital Content -> Office 365- Manage your Subscription

    From there you will bring up a new Window at office.com showing your Office 365 subscription. Click "Share Office 365" and enter their own email address (this does not have to be a microsoft account address).

    They will get a link in their email to download and install Office 365. They will need to create a microsoft account or enter the details of a microsoft account they already have such as Hotmail, Outlook.com to finish the install.

    You can delete their subscription from the same screen you shared it from above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-22T10:27:35+00:00

    I am having the same problem, but the link doesn't work anymore. Is there another one?

    Hi,

    I will assist you with the issue you are facing with Office program.

    I need some clarification:

    Are you referring to the link which I have posted, is not working?

    If yes, what happens when you click on it, do you get any error?

    Have you tried to copy and paste the link directly into the address bar of the browser and check if it opens?

    Try to copy and paste the link in the browser and check if you are able to access it.

    Let us know the result.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments