How do I make the footers different on every page on Microsoft Word?

Anonymous
2012-04-10T14:11:06+00:00

I can make even and odd pages have different footers, but I want page 4's to be different from page 2's and page 5's from page 3's.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2012-04-10T18:00:04+00:00

To actually create a new footer for each page, you'll need a section break at the end of each page (and you'll have to unlink the relevant footers). But in what respect should footers be different? For example, if you want to include text from the page, you can format that text in a unique style and then make use of the STYLEREF field.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T06:42:43+00:00

    That answered none of that question at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-06-24T18:39:49+00:00

    Once you have split the document so that there is a Next Page section break at the end of each page, activate the header/footer view. Click in the footer of section 2 and clear "Link to previous." Repeat the procedure for subsequent sections. Then you can edit each footer separately.

    Depending on your version of Word, the "Link to Previous" option may be called "Same as Previous"; regardless, you need to deselect it (for each section), because it is selected by default each time you create a new section in Word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-24T18:20:37+00:00

    Hello Charles,

    It's nice to meet an attorney who knows how to use his technology! I'm a technology instructor to law firms during the day. May I look for you on LInkedIN?

    -Monica L. Sandler, MCT

    aka Cool Moe Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-24T18:11:45+00:00

    Section breaks shouldn't be a problem, as really what I'm trying to do here is denote different sections of a safety reference manual. So making them into official separate sections seems logical. but I still can't get the footer to be unique to a section.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments