Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 - Reinstallation

Anonymous
2013-01-20T03:29:34+00:00

Hi, I installed a 2010 Professional Plus from my university but I have since left the university. I would like to reformat my laptop, and reinstall Microsoft 2010. May I know how I should go about it? I do not have any installation files because I handed my laptop to the university IT department who installed the software for me.

Hope someone would be able to assist me. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-20T08:23:15+00:00

GOOD! Since you have a product key you are ahead of the game. Try these other download links:

2010 Full Download

NOTE: if you do not have the installation file on an “official” MS installation disk, download and save it to your HD. Then you should burn it to one or more DVDs for future use. And at the same time, write down the product key on the DVD. You need both items for future installations, say after your computer crashes and you have re-installed windows. At that point you won’t be able to extract it from the registry and won’t remember where the online account is.

Note: If you buy an Online Download you have 30 days support from MS to get the download working

Note: if you buy an Online Download from MS or an authorized reseller, Digital River or a proxy linking to DR, the Product Key and download link are saved in an “Online Account” using on your email address as the log in ID.  The Product key is only kept in the account for 5 years! <snip http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/software-savings-world-claim-to-be-a-microsoft/1dc1c8e3-e7ad-4717-8d2b-60f68554db34 >

Office 2010 / 2007 Download locations -**http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_2010-office\_install/here-are-the-download-locations-for-office-2010/ac67aa2f-dc1c-46f4-8b1d-ca00b3f02a18******

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/using-the-product-key-card-FX101853163.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101847520

  • Download 2010 using Product Key card PKC****

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx

  • Download Backup Buy Backup disk 2010 using Product Key – FPP

http://www.office.com/backup 

  • Download Office 2010 Installation Backup. You will need your original Product Key, such as one from a Product Key Card.

www.office.com/downloadoffice

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/netbook-FX101850729.aspx - Download Office for Netbooks (H&S, H&B, PRO, Standalone Apps)

Direct downloads from Digital River of Trials (you need to have the Product Key already)

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75058.exe  Office 2010 Professional x86 (English) - X17-75058

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75161.exe  Office 2010 Professional x64 (English) - X17-75161

Pro Plus

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75238.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x86 (English) - X17-75238

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75612.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x64 (English) - X17-75612

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2010-media/2108878.aspx

  • Pro Plus Installation Disk

http://www.downloadoffice2010.org/download-office2010 - Office 2010 Super Handbook, $10, include instructions on how to activate Pro Plus using Activation Tool

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-plus/ - If you have a valid Pro Plus Product Key

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T19:21:03+00:00

    Hey Phil:

    The forum is setup so we continue to get emails on new replies until we unsubscribe to the discussion (usually in disgust because it has wandered off topic) which obviously did not happen here. To your questions ...

    Pro Plus is a limited distribution bundle so there is a good chance it might not be at that first link you referred to.

    But, it doesn't matter since you have an installation file from one of the other links.

    Correct, you do NOT need both the installation file and backup disk. One or the other is adequate to your needs.

    Yes, the Pro Plus trial file will install in timed trial mode. BUT, using your product key should convert it to a "normal", fully functional installation.

    Yes, you should be able to copy the EXE file to a DVD to make it effectively your installation disk.  Exactly how you do the "copy" depends on the disk type.

    If you are looking to buy a retail copy of Win 7, don't bother, unless you are also "upgrading" to Pro or Ultimate to take advantage of the few addition features they enable.  Your computer should come with a "recovery partition" built in that allows you to re-install windows to reset your computer to "factory fresh" (including factory carpware).

    Look in the upper left corner of this page. Just below the "MS Community" icon there is a line of text starting with "Home". Guess what, they are actually hyperlinks.   The one you want it "Home".  On the Home page there is a BLUE "Windows" link. You can post your additional questions there.

    Describe what you expect to happen, the exact steps you are taking to create/re-create the problem and exactly what happens.  When posting questions about error messages, please include the FULL and EXACT error message text and error code if you have it.    Good luck.

    Nothing wrong with having a lot of valid questions. Don't be shy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T21:13:45+00:00

    Rohn,

    I hope that's you. The top of the response includes "Rohn007 asked..." not "Rohn007 replied...").

    Probably just another sign of my ignorance of these threads.

    Regardless, thank you kindly for your encouraging and especially prompt reply.

    I'll only be aware of the actual MS Office Pro Plus results once I've addressed the OS 7 issues.

    Regarding the copying to DVD (my new, blank CDs have only 700 MB capacity) I plan to insert the new, blank DVD-R disc into the CD/DVD drive and then click on the (X17-75238) file and drag it to the DVD icon in the "File/Directory" window (that window probably has a common name, you know the window that opens when you click on the Windows circle on the left end of the bottom Taskbar and then click on the "Comptuer" button). I hope to create a "Mastered" format disk. Hope that makes sense.

    Let me go out on a limb and risk being even more bothersome. As I mentioned in my initial email I also have a Mac version of Office 2008, on a disk, with the related FPP Product key. At the time of purchase, I was running a Power Mac G4, running on a Motorola processor. Apple has since shifted over to Intel. After buying my Windows machine, I put the Apple to sleep and actually even erased the Office software, in case I gave away or sold the hardware. As it turns out I still have the hardware but it is currently stored away. I have been looking at updating my Apple "collection" and maybe getting a new (though surprisingly expensive) desktop.

    I don't believe that I will be able to load the Office software on the new Apple desktop. I'm not sure the machine would even be able to read the disk, mush less load it.

    Do you have any idea if Microsoft offers a Motorola to Intel switch/upgrade on Apple/Mac versions of Office?

    Thanks again for your Windows Office help and your guidance to get to the right place for the windows OS help (next on my list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T23:06:26+00:00

    The "asked" vs "replied" is just a symptom of a simple minded system trying to act smarter than it really is ...

    Your approach to burning to DVD sounds reasonable, I skipped Win 7 so I can't confirm it will work.

    I don't know if your Mac installer will work or not on a newer machine. It is still running a Mac OS so it may.  Go back to the HUP download site and use the "CONTACT US" link to talk directly to the HUP organization They can answer that question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-20T00:01:03+00:00

    I received the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 program in college. I was told that if I graduated with my degree, I would be allowed to keep it, which I did. It has worked without issue on my old laptop. Now, I have a new laptop and was going to install it on it only to realize this new laptop does not have a cd/dvd drive. I know... How did I miss that before I spent $900 on a laptop?!? Well, I did.

    I'm trying to find a link that will allow me to download the program and activate it with my product key, but none of the links I've found so far have worked. I've been pouring through the threads and trying again and again to no avail.

    Is it even possible to download this version? If it is, why isn't my product key working? It still works without a problem on my other machine.

    Thanks for the help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments