Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 - Reinstallation

Anonymous
2013-01-20T03:29:34+00:00

Hi, I installed a 2010 Professional Plus from my university but I have since left the university. I would like to reformat my laptop, and reinstall Microsoft 2010. May I know how I should go about it? I do not have any installation files because I handed my laptop to the university IT department who installed the software for me.

Hope someone would be able to assist me. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-20T08:23:15+00:00

GOOD! Since you have a product key you are ahead of the game. Try these other download links:

2010 Full Download

NOTE: if you do not have the installation file on an “official” MS installation disk, download and save it to your HD. Then you should burn it to one or more DVDs for future use. And at the same time, write down the product key on the DVD. You need both items for future installations, say after your computer crashes and you have re-installed windows. At that point you won’t be able to extract it from the registry and won’t remember where the online account is.

Note: If you buy an Online Download you have 30 days support from MS to get the download working

Note: if you buy an Online Download from MS or an authorized reseller, Digital River or a proxy linking to DR, the Product Key and download link are saved in an “Online Account” using on your email address as the log in ID.  The Product key is only kept in the account for 5 years! <snip http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/software-savings-world-claim-to-be-a-microsoft/1dc1c8e3-e7ad-4717-8d2b-60f68554db34 >

Office 2010 / 2007 Download locations -**http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_2010-office\_install/here-are-the-download-locations-for-office-2010/ac67aa2f-dc1c-46f4-8b1d-ca00b3f02a18******

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/using-the-product-key-card-FX101853163.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101847520

  • Download 2010 using Product Key card PKC****

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx

  • Download Backup Buy Backup disk 2010 using Product Key – FPP

http://www.office.com/backup 

  • Download Office 2010 Installation Backup. You will need your original Product Key, such as one from a Product Key Card.

www.office.com/downloadoffice

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/netbook-FX101850729.aspx - Download Office for Netbooks (H&S, H&B, PRO, Standalone Apps)

Direct downloads from Digital River of Trials (you need to have the Product Key already)

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75058.exe  Office 2010 Professional x86 (English) - X17-75058

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75161.exe  Office 2010 Professional x64 (English) - X17-75161

Pro Plus

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75238.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x86 (English) - X17-75238

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75612.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x64 (English) - X17-75612

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2010-media/2108878.aspx

  • Pro Plus Installation Disk

http://www.downloadoffice2010.org/download-office2010 - Office 2010 Super Handbook, $10, include instructions on how to activate Pro Plus using Activation Tool

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-plus/ - If you have a valid Pro Plus Product Key

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-20T04:54:04+00:00

    Your copy of Office 2010 may have been licensed under Product Key Card terms and your eligibility may have lapsed as you've now left the university student body/faculty.

    From the FAQ for Microsoft Office University 2010 Frequently Asked Questions:

    "Office University 2010 is for higher-education students and higher-education faculty only" 

    I would recommend locating your original receipt and/or contacting the university IT department.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-20T06:41:46+00:00

    The most important part is that you need your unique 25 character Product Key. Do you still have the email purchase confirmation?  Do you still have access to the email address you originally used?

    In theory you should be able to return to the MS store site and use the university email address to log in to the online store account they have setup for you.

    Also from the FAQ page:

    </snip>

    Digital River Download Signin page - for downloads and Find your Order

    https://www.findmyorder.com


    Microsoft Store- Phone 1-877-696-7786 or login at

    http://store.microsoft.com


    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-20T07:22:47+00:00

    Hi, it was not a purchase by me; it was a free upgrade by the university, but I am aware of the Product Key. I tried this website http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx, but it indicated that:

     The Office 2010 Product Key provided represents a product which is not eligible for free download. Please re-enter your Product Key and try again, or check the list of eligible products . If this does not work, you may be interested in downloading a free trial or purchasing Office 2010 products at http://buyoffice.microsoft.com

    Would you have any idea how I should go about it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T17:17:32+00:00

    I don't know how this posting system works, but I hope you do get a message informing you of this late November 2013 query. Queries actually, some relating to Windows 7, but more on that later.

    I own a desktop with an OEM Windows 7 OS which has been behaving oddly these past few weeks so I'm thinking of reformatting the hard disk and starting from scratch. I also run Office Professional Plus 2010 on that PC. Unfortunately, I can't locate any CD/DVD which I may have received or made myself after the purchase (I also bought a MAC version, for which I do have a disk I made myself).

    I do have the the Home Use Program invoice which includes the Product Keys for both the Pro Plus and the Office 2008 for Mac. Both Product Keys are labelled (FPP).

    I have visited Microsoft download websites such as the following:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx

    But Office Professional Plus does not appear to be a selection. I don't want to risk a problem by entering my PK.

    The last link you suggest http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-plus/ seems to only offer Pro Plus 2013.

    I have therefore downloaded to my hard disk the Digital River Pro Plus Trial (X17-75238). I'm hoping that you can confirm that I don't need the separate Pro Plus installation disk you refer to in your Jan 2013 response.

    If I have the x86 .exe file you provided the link to, do I really need a separate installation disk to load it?

    Assuming I can simply double click the .exe file to load Office Pro Plus on my PC, will I be limited to a "Trial" version of the Pro Plus software, even though I posses a legitimate Product Key? I am assuming that once the software is installed on my PC, it will ask me to enter my Product Key and "convert" the software from Trial to Permanent.

    If your responses tell me I can go ahead, can I first copy the ,exe file (X17-75238) to a DVD so that once I've settled my OS issues, I can simply install the Office Pro Plus from the DVD to the hard drive? Does that DVD become my Installation Disk?

    Which brings me to my Win 7 issues. I have an OEM Home Premium version on my desktop and since Win 7 is being discontinued I'm looking at buying a full retail version (Prp or Ultimate) which will include CDs or DVDs. Can you please direct me to the appropriate "Community" section where I can ask about some of the odd behavior I'm noticing and the possible issues to consider when reformatting a Hard drive and then installing a new full, not upgrade, version of Windows.

    Sorry for the long-winded message.

    Your help and responses are greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments