Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 - Reinstallation

Anonymous
2013-01-20T03:29:34+00:00

Hi, I installed a 2010 Professional Plus from my university but I have since left the university. I would like to reformat my laptop, and reinstall Microsoft 2010. May I know how I should go about it? I do not have any installation files because I handed my laptop to the university IT department who installed the software for me.

Hope someone would be able to assist me. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-20T08:23:15+00:00

GOOD! Since you have a product key you are ahead of the game. Try these other download links:

2010 Full Download

NOTE: if you do not have the installation file on an “official” MS installation disk, download and save it to your HD. Then you should burn it to one or more DVDs for future use. And at the same time, write down the product key on the DVD. You need both items for future installations, say after your computer crashes and you have re-installed windows. At that point you won’t be able to extract it from the registry and won’t remember where the online account is.

Note: If you buy an Online Download you have 30 days support from MS to get the download working

Note: if you buy an Online Download from MS or an authorized reseller, Digital River or a proxy linking to DR, the Product Key and download link are saved in an “Online Account” using on your email address as the log in ID.  The Product key is only kept in the account for 5 years! <snip http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/software-savings-world-claim-to-be-a-microsoft/1dc1c8e3-e7ad-4717-8d2b-60f68554db34 >

Office 2010 / 2007 Download locations -**http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_2010-office\_install/here-are-the-download-locations-for-office-2010/ac67aa2f-dc1c-46f4-8b1d-ca00b3f02a18******

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/using-the-product-key-card-FX101853163.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101847520

  • Download 2010 using Product Key card PKC****

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx

  • Download Backup Buy Backup disk 2010 using Product Key – FPP

http://www.office.com/backup 

  • Download Office 2010 Installation Backup. You will need your original Product Key, such as one from a Product Key Card.

www.office.com/downloadoffice

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/netbook-FX101850729.aspx - Download Office for Netbooks (H&S, H&B, PRO, Standalone Apps)

Direct downloads from Digital River of Trials (you need to have the Product Key already)

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75058.exe  Office 2010 Professional x86 (English) - X17-75058

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75161.exe  Office 2010 Professional x64 (English) - X17-75161

Pro Plus

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75238.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x86 (English) - X17-75238

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-75612.exe  Office 2010 Professional Plus x64 (English) - X17-75612

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2010-media/2108878.aspx

  • Pro Plus Installation Disk

http://www.downloadoffice2010.org/download-office2010 - Office 2010 Super Handbook, $10, include instructions on how to activate Pro Plus using Activation Tool

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-plus/ - If you have a valid Pro Plus Product Key

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

61 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-02-28T15:40:57+00:00

    Raymundo A.Pascual Jr. replied:

    Please stop sending reply that's software is already obsolete and its now 2018 Office 365. Move on please and common sense.

    At the end of the first post on this page, click the 3 dots then Unsubscribe.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_other-mso_2010/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2010/194a2358-4bd0-41f1-a0a9-baefc940e82a

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-28T15:27:56+00:00

    Please stop sending reply that's software is already obsolete and its now 2018 Office 365. Move on please and common sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-25T22:41:29+00:00

    ok im not making a reply but i would like to know why a pop up box keeps coming up to say i now have 2days to activate my product key number... this was already installed into my computer when i purchased it!! so my query is, what happens in 2days... does it my microsoft office 2010 get deleted? so i truly need some help with this right now... no cdz were given when i purchased my laptop 4years ago.... hellllllllllllllp...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T21:13:45+00:00

    Rohn,

    I hope that's you. The top of the response includes "Rohn007 asked..." not "Rohn007 replied...").

    Probably just another sign of my ignorance of these threads.

    Regardless, thank you kindly for your encouraging and especially prompt reply.

    I'll only be aware of the actual MS Office Pro Plus results once I've addressed the OS 7 issues.

    Regarding the copying to DVD (my new, blank CDs have only 700 MB capacity) I plan to insert the new, blank DVD-R disc into the CD/DVD drive and then click on the (X17-75238) file and drag it to the DVD icon in the "File/Directory" window (that window probably has a common name, you know the window that opens when you click on the Windows circle on the left end of the bottom Taskbar and then click on the "Comptuer" button). I hope to create a "Mastered" format disk. Hope that makes sense.

    Let me go out on a limb and risk being even more bothersome. As I mentioned in my initial email I also have a Mac version of Office 2008, on a disk, with the related FPP Product key. At the time of purchase, I was running a Power Mac G4, running on a Motorola processor. Apple has since shifted over to Intel. After buying my Windows machine, I put the Apple to sleep and actually even erased the Office software, in case I gave away or sold the hardware. As it turns out I still have the hardware but it is currently stored away. I have been looking at updating my Apple "collection" and maybe getting a new (though surprisingly expensive) desktop.

    I don't believe that I will be able to load the Office software on the new Apple desktop. I'm not sure the machine would even be able to read the disk, mush less load it.

    Do you have any idea if Microsoft offers a Motorola to Intel switch/upgrade on Apple/Mac versions of Office?

    Thanks again for your Windows Office help and your guidance to get to the right place for the windows OS help (next on my list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments