How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T04:10:43+00:00

    Sorry, this method is plain stupid especially when you have several computers hooked up to the printer via a network. This discussion has been ongoing for years but there was always a workaround. Now nothing. There must have been something wrong with a feature that was simple and easy to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-30T07:45:40+00:00

    All you have to do is scan anything (documents, pictures, diagrams, whatever) to RTF (Rich text Format).

    RTF is a cross-platform OCR, it works with ALL versions of OFFICE, open office, Apple, IBM, Dell, etc., etc. RTF is included in just about ALL scanner software because of its compatibility.  I use an HP MFP, when going to scan, I choose file to RTF and it is done! I then locate and open the document directly.  It is easy to find, usually inside "my scans" in documents. Notice that the scanned document has your default editor logo. (Isn't that nice). I can edit, change, etc, whatever I want to do to the document.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-28T09:04:14+00:00

    Jay

    Thanks for that feedback. I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments