How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-01-31T20:22:22+00:00

    You aren't talking to Microsoft here -- no MS employee will see your post. To make your desires known, vote at http://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/10673586-bring-back-the-option-to-scan-documents-in-word201

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-31T13:10:09+00:00

    Jay

    Thanks for that feedback. I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

    A $500.00 pice of software and I cant scan into it on a insert command I gess free open office is a better product shame on you Microsoft and office user since dos word I think I need to rethink my drink

    It is unthinkable that Microsoft would remove the scan feature from Office 2013. What were they thinking? For heavens sake, Microsoft, put the scan feature back in IMMEDIATELY or I will not use your products in the future.

    Dorothy C

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-10-24T21:03:33+00:00

    How can you be so bad...

    Run...C:\WINDOWS\System32\wiaacmgr.exe

    That program (the Windows Picture Acquisition Wizard) always saves the scans as files on disk. The add-in for Word at Graham Mayor's site (http://www.gmayor.com/scan\_into\_word.htm) inserts the scan directly into the active Word document, eliminating the extra steps of clicking Insert > Picture and locating the scanned file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments