Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-16T23:40:38+00:00

    I had a person on live walk me through it but when  I needed to use it I couldn't find it, I bought the office 365 University.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-03T23:20:52+00:00

    Thank you so much for this answer! I bought Office and used the 'key' only to have the original icon disappear and I coudnt find 'Office' anywhere.  So frustrating, but this quick fix took care of it!  Also, on the App screen, there are a long list of Programs hidden on the far right (even though you would think it would be listed in the alphabetical section under 'M' or 'O') that I stumbled upon AFTER using this fix.  So, if anyone else can't find 'Office', scroll far right on your APPS screen.  It's probably there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T15:25:03+00:00

    Hi Deepa,

    I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet and I downloaded the Microsoft Office 365 software about two weeks ago. It was working perfectly until yesterday, while in my Word 2013 application. I noticed there was a pop-up on my application that said I needed to update the version of Office 365. So I reluctantly updated the software. While waiting for it to update, it said there was a problem updating and it could not update my current version of the software. Today I was attempting to use my office applications and it will not let me use them. Instead, it is asking me if I would like to delete the shortcut. I have continuously searched for a similar question with a solution I could attempt, but I have had no luck in finding something that is successful. And yes I do have the latest version of Windows on my tablet.

    Thank you,

    Kevin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-28T03:16:05+00:00

    I agree. Who would design a user interface that hides the app from being found? I am scratching my head on this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments