Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-04T02:49:06+00:00

    i have a subscribation and i was trying to install office on my daughter computer. i been unable to install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-04T04:34:08+00:00

    I have a similar problem, I purchased office 365 for my pc earlier this evening and I have received multiple emails about the purchase but I can't find my product key.  What do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-09T05:24:01+00:00

    Oh my gosh. Deepa Raj, you are so helpful!! Thank you so much. I was trying to find this information on the microsoft website for an hour now and you solved it in 5 minutes. 

    You are amazing,

    Carol

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-12T19:37:34+00:00

    Oh my gosh. Deepa Raj, you are so helpful!! Thank you so much. I was trying to find this information on the microsoft website for an hour now and you solved it in 5 minutes. 

    You are amazing,

    Carol

    Similar issue. Unistalled Office 2007. Installed Office 365. It took an hour on my slow 3G modem. Nice red text saying "Office is installing in the background (34%)." It doesn't say what version of office or where on my hard disk it is installing.

    After restart I find Office 2007 has reappeared and no Office 365. On my hard drive there is an Office 15 with no executables. How on earth do I my Windows 8.1 to install Office 365/2013? I have a subscription to the Office 365 Home that allows 5 installs. I have only done one so have four to go.

    Very frustrated fella... Nakuru, Kenya

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments