Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-19T04:40:12+00:00

    Hello there, I am Paul have W10 running great so far, but when using 10 insider had problem with outlook 2013 so to fix I uninstalled, Then thought I would try outlook 2016 but went back to 2013 uninstalled 2016 reinstalled 2013, but my problem is that the Tile for outlook 2016 is still in Control panel, and now with 2013 I CANT add new Email account of my ISP.

    Please how do  I fix and remove 2016  tile Control panel when there are NO files for 2016 on my PC?

    Regards, Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-27T15:56:30+00:00

    When Office 365 (or whatever it was called) first came out, I paid for a year's subscription and installed it. Or thought I did...

    Never could find it on my desktop and got so frustrated, I cancelled the subscription (but never got a refund).

    Now here it is a couple years later. I got a free Office 365 subscription for buying a Lumia 640.

    I installed it on the same desktop and...where the heck is it? 

    I was shocked that after the installation, nothing came up on the screen to tell me it worked, no icons, no help things, nothing!

    Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought Office 365 was some kind of cloud app? I tried to log in online to Office 365 but it's looking for some type of corporate or school account only.

    I'm totally confused over the difference between Office, Office 2013, Office 365 and then there's the free Office you get with a Windows phone.

    I thought I was supposed to be able to use Office across all my devices and the files would be saved to the OneDrive account?

    Microsoft, you may have a good product here, but you sure need to do a better job at explaining all of this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T14:40:45+00:00

    Seems mighty complicated for Windows 8.  Last time I downloaded Office, it was maybe two steps and took about two minutes. Now it's all these steps, after you find the downloaded program on your computer-- no simple task, as the 120 or so notes here attest. 

    It took me at least half an hour to download, locate and activate MS Office this time. I assume I'm too stupid to live, but even so, just the list of arcane steps described here shows that some MS genius has managed to make the simple act of purchasing the product very unpleasant. 

    That's why such folk get the big bucks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-14T05:34:19+00:00

    So yes I can Not find the apps to use all of them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments