Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-15T21:10:39+00:00

    I have a similar problem and it is really annoying that this software does not automatically install unlike just about everything else.  I am trying to install my MS Office 365 on a second machine - my new windows 8 laptop.  Forth time now and no luck yet.  I could see the original MS Office installation on there from 14th March but could not access it in any way and it had no files contained within it, so I deleted it and started again.  I am right now installing it again.  BUT on the assumption that it does not become visible on my desktop what do I do.  It takes me through all of the steps saying "we are wrapping things up" and the % slowly clicks up to 100%.  After about 5 minutes it jumped from 90% to the finish and said "you're good to go".  BUT I am not good to go because I cannot find it anywhere and certainly cannot access it.  If I go into control panel and then programs and then programs and features I can see it sat there but with no file size showing - how can I actually use the software and get it onto my desktop please.....................................

    I have the exact problem as you. It's kind of odd that users have been facing this frustrating issue for a long time now and yet microsoft has done nothing to resolve this

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-06T16:00:45+00:00

    I tried that.  There is no programs and features shown on my control panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T19:49:25+00:00

    I had the following and scary problem.  I could download the 365 version but when I was activating it  and I get a log in another name and password appeared on the screen and I never saw anything again which makes me think that this person now can access all my files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T11:46:42+00:00

    I have a similar problem and it is really annoying that this software does not automatically install unlike just about everything else.  I am trying to install my MS Office 365 on a second machine - my new windows 8 laptop.  Forth time now and no luck yet.  I could see the original MS Office installation on there from 14th March but could not access it in any way and it had no files contained within it, so I deleted it and started again.  I am right now installing it again.  BUT on the assumption that it does not become visible on my desktop what do I do.  It takes me through all of the steps saying "we are wrapping things up" and the % slowly clicks up to 100%.  After about 5 minutes it jumped from 90% to the finish and said "you're good to go".  BUT I am not good to go because I cannot find it anywhere and certainly cannot access it.  If I go into control panel and then programs and then programs and features I can see it sat there but with no file size showing - how can I actually use the software and get it onto my desktop please.....................................

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments