Office365 Installed but can't find the programs....

Anonymous
2013-02-26T03:35:07+00:00

I've installed the trial version of Office365. When I log in to the website it says I only have 4 of 5 installs left and yet I cannot find the software anywhere on my laptop. It's a new laptop using windows 8. When I browse using explorer I can see a Microsoft office 15 folder but no programs. What am I doing wrong??? Sorry if the issue is rudimentary...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-26T15:19:41+00:00

Hi Brett,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to see the Office program on the computer. Let me assist you with the issue.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Office, try the steps below.

Step 1:

Verify if Office is installed on the computer:

Go to Start Screen and type > 'Control '(Without quotes)> Now Click on Settings > Select Control Panel > Click on Programs and Features > Search for Office suite.

If you are able to find the program in the Programs and features list, then try the steps below:

a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.

b) In the Apps box, type Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. In the results pane, now click Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook to open it.

If you are able to find the Office applications, then you may also pin the Office applications to start screen by doing the following:

·         To add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Metro Start screen, right-click on it with your mouse or hold your finger on it till it becomes checked.

·         You will then see a panel open at the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen where you can pin it.

·         Click on the Pin button and the program will now appear on your Windows

Step 2:

If the Office applications are not found in the App list, then you may remove the Office 365 trial from the computer and then reinstall it.

Run the 'Fix it' from the following article to remove the traces of Office 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: You may save the ‘**Fix it’**tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office 2013.

If fix it tool fails to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 2013 step from the above article.

Once the Office traces are removed, login to my account and download and install the program.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-17T19:13:39+00:00

    hi

    my computer crashed so could put office back on for me many thanks john

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T20:22:45+00:00

    I have a different but related problem.

    I installed paid version of Office 365 on my Windows 7 (Seven) Home Premium Netbook.  I went to the Control Panel programs list.  It's there.

    But no desktop icons, no listing in All Programs. 

    How do I find it so I can start using it?

    Hi Steve,

     I will assist you with the query you have with locating and opening the Office applications on the computer.

    In order to **find and start Office applications in Windows 7,**you may try the steps below:

    ·         Hold Windows key + R

    ·         In Run window type or copy and paste the following command %programfiles%

    ·         Go to Microsoft Office, Office 15 and look for Outlook.exe, Excel.exe, PowerPoint and Winword.exe

    ·         If you find Excel try to open the program and check if you are able to access it.

    If you are able to open, then create shortcuts for the Excel applications on the desktop,  right click on Excel icon, click on Send to, Desktop (Create shortcut).

    (Note: You may follow the same steps to create short cut for other Office applications)

    I hope the above step helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

    Thank you.

    Hi just installed Office 365 can't find it on my desktop or having trouble finding it all

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T01:23:40+00:00

    Hey Deepa,

    I know this thread started quite a while ago but I am on a Mac and having the same issues as these Windows users. I'm currently using Yosemite. Do you know have ideas or could you point me any where that would be helpful?

    Thanks,

    Anthony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-22T04:44:39+00:00

    Office 365 installed by default into my machine file://C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Office/root/Office16

    To make the programs your default, go into file explorer and find the file type you want to associate with Office 365, and right click it-> Properties->press the' Change' button. If your MS Office program is not listed, navigate to

    file://C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Office/root/Office16 and select the program you want to add.

    Excel = EXCEL.EXE

    Word = WINWORD.EXE

    PowerPoint = POWERPNT.EXE

    Once you add it for one type, it appears for other types in the properties screen.

    You need to do this for each type

    i.e. .doc and .docx (two different associations)

         .xls and .xlsm (another two)

        etc.

    I hope this helps someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments