A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I have a demo document ready for you if you want to contact me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In Region and Language when I set the date as follows: dddd, MMMM d, yyyy It shows this way: Sunday, December 2, 2012 Yet when I use the insert date and time in Word it comes out: Sunday, December 02, 2012 Until this latest Windows or Vista I never had this problem. Any ideas?
I use Windows 7, Microsoft Word 2007.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have a demo document ready for you if you want to contact me.
Error you get when? What member? Is there a line of code highlighted when that error message appears?
I simply don't see how this can be fouled up like this by following the instructions provided.
- Close Word completely.
- Open Word
- Open the VB Editor
4. In the Project Explorer select each project (e.g., Normal, Project1, etc.) one at a time. While each one is selected, on the "Debug" menu, slect "Compile Normal," "Compile Project1"
Do you get any errors? What precisely are those errors (I can't see it or guess what it is, you have to describe it in detail). Do you think any error is in any way related to the activities that you have don regarding this matter over the last two days? If so, delete whatever it is, be it a module you inserted, a procedure you pasted whatever.
When all errors are gone. Repeat the debug process in each project.
Error free? Yes - preform steps 1 through nine.
Results?
Re: “Error you get when? What member? Is there a line of code highlighted when that error message appears?”
I don’t know what member it refers to, just that it is there. The line of code is:
Sub DateLongStamp()
'Inserts current date
Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="dddd, MMMM d, yyyy", InsertAsField:=False
End Sub.
You have went way above and beyond to help me and I don’t want to waste your time further. It is apparent that I am not going to get this to work.
Error you get when? What member? Is there a line of code highlighted when that error message appears?
I simply don't see how this can be fouled up like this by following the instructions provided.
4. In the Project Explorer select each project (e.g., Normal, Project1, etc.) one at a time. While each one is selected, on the "Debug" menu, slect "Compile Normal," "Compile Project1"
Do you get any errors? What precisely are those errors (I can't see it or guess what it is, you have to describe it in detail). Do you think any error is in any way related to the activities that you have don regarding this matter over the last two days? If so, delete whatever it is, be it a module you inserted, a procedure you pasted whatever.
When all errors are gone. Repeat the debug process in each project.
Error free? Yes - preform steps 1 through nine.
Results?
This is the message I get:
Compile error:
Member already exists in an object module from which this object module derives
Northpaw,
No need for formalities, Greg is fine.
This other window you describes means that you or someone else using your computer has at one time experimented with macros and sure enough it got screwed it up. If that window happens to be the active code window and you press F8 then you would get the error you describe. You can delete all the code in that window.
Don't try to follow two sets of instructions. Let's stick with 1 through 9 defined above.
The big windows decribed in step 7 should be completely empty or it may have a single line that reads Option Explicit. In the dropdown bar at the top left of the window it should say "General" in the dropdown at the top right it should say "Declarations."
When you paste in
Sub DateLongStamp()
'Inserts current date
Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="dddd, MMMM d, yyyy", InsertAsField:=False
End Sub
That dropdown on the top right should say "DateLongStamp"
Now with your cursor somewhere in that big window start pressing F8.
Look, I realize that you are trying but if you still can't get it, then send me website feedback and I will reply with a demo document that you can test with.
Please visit my website: