'product busy with another task' problem

Anonymous
2013-05-20T20:42:11+00:00

i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.'  I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem....  please help i'm getting desperate!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T02:07:45+00:00

    All,

    It is very difficult to determine who has their issue resolved and who does not.  It is also difficult to determine which *fix* applies to who because some of you have indicated... your problem is *similar*.  So, if none of the links previously posted resolve your issue, please create a new thread detailing your problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T03:24:53+00:00

    I have this same problem.  When I first tried to install it said there was a conflict from another version of Office, so I pulled up the control panel and uninstalled the Office demo that came with the computer.  Now when I try to install, I get that error and there's nothing in the uninstall programs to change, Office is already gone and no longer listed there (after the uninstall).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T03:52:43+00:00

    I am afraid I too have a "similar" problem. From what I read in essence all of have the SAME issue. We attempt to install Office 2013 or 365 and whether we repair or uninstall Microsoft office, we all get the same message that the program is busy and cannot load. This is in spite of uninstalling the versions or repairing the versions that show up in control panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T04:32:37+00:00

    ABSD,

    Please review the thread... there are several links and a post by Rohn that offer things to try.  If none of those work, please start a new thread detailing your issue (or call support).

    Side note, yes, it is true all here are having difficulty installing but the reason is not that same (and in one case it is installed but cannot be accessed).  There is no one answer to fix all issues though it would make my life easier.  So, please, if nothing in the thread works, please start your own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments