'product busy with another task' problem

Anonymous
2013-05-20T20:42:11+00:00

i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.'  I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem....  please help i'm getting desperate!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-02T13:09:48+00:00

    I ran microsoft "fix it" and then I could restart the exe file to install office 365 :)

    See link and click on "fix it"

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-02T14:30:45+00:00

    Please tell us at what point *...nothing is happeneing...*. Is only installing partially?  Remember, I can't *see* what your machine is doing so please post as much detail as possible.

    (Edit... and thanks to all for the THANKS!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-02T15:00:16+00:00

    I have been trying to get Office installed for a week now on a new PC. I have installed, uninstalled tried re-installing multiple time. I get errors every time, all the ones listed in this thread. When I try the link above, I don't see Office in my list of programs anymore. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. I hate Windows 8. How do I get my $138 back for Office or get someone to actually help me get this installed? It does not look like I will be able to use my new computer for the online class I am taking now since I can't get Word on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-02T18:07:39+00:00

    Yeah, this is tiring. been trying to install for the last couple of days.. im fed up with all these fix it and reboot and trying all those links. gonna refund..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments