Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hmm, let's try...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.' I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem.... please help i'm getting desperate!
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If you have to uninstall Office 2013, try method 1 in this tip:
Uninstall Office 2013 / 365
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501 Office 2013, Office 365 and Office 2013 Preview uninstalls
Method 1 in this tip does a more thorough job that the "normal" uninstall via Programs and Features (aka Method 2 in the tip). The Normal uninstall is designed with the assumption that you will be re-installing Office. It does NOT delete everything. It leaves configuration files like NORMAL.DOTM and other templates etc. and it also leaves configuration Registry entries.
I have been trying to get Office installed for a week now on a new PC. I have installed, uninstalled tried re-installing multiple time. I get errors every time, all the ones listed in this thread. When I try the link above, I don't see Office in my list of programs anymore. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. I hate Windows 8. How do I get my $138 back for Office or get someone to actually help me get this installed? It does not look like I will be able to use my new computer for the online class I am taking now since I can't get Word on it.
Yes..same just bought new PC with office 365 on it. Keeps saying product is busy with another task. Have tried everything. So much for a free trial that came with the new PC !
Method 1 in this tip does a more thorough job that the "normal" uninstall via Programs and Features (aka Method 2 in the tip). The Normal uninstall is designed with the assumption that you will be re-installing Office. It does NOT delete everything. It leaves configuration files like NORMAL.DOTM and other templates etc. and it also leaves configuration Registry entries.
Well, that's pretty flipping stupid, the uninstall should at least ask, "Do you want to leave things behind to make a quicker reinstall or do you really want to uninstall?" That an uninstall doesn't actually uninstall the program just seems like someone (Micro$oft Marketing, perhaps) decided to screw the customer over in an attempt to make it seem like Office uninstalls (and reinstalls) quickly (unlike most every other program).
Method 1 in this tip does a more thorough job that the "normal" uninstall via Programs and Features (aka Method 2 in the tip). The Normal uninstall is designed with the assumption that you will be re-installing Office. It does NOT delete everything. It leaves configuration files like NORMAL.DOTM and other templates etc. and it also leaves configuration Registry entries.
Well, that's pretty flipping stupid, the uninstall should at least ask, "Do you want to leave things behind to make a quicker reinstall or do you really want to uninstall?" That an uninstall doesn't actually uninstall the program just seems like someone (Micro$oft Marketing, perhaps) decided to screw the customer over in an attempt to make it seem like Office uninstalls (and reinstalls) quickly (unlike most every other program).
Microsoft need to send everybody who bought this Office program a link to a program that will fix the problem, instead of Microsoft Community persons giving advise in their jargon that isn't doing the job.
MS love selling you the latest 'thing' but I have to use my older PC with Vista, at least Office is working.
I've given up.