'product busy with another task' problem

Anonymous
2013-05-20T20:42:11+00:00

i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.'  I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem....  please help i'm getting desperate!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T12:43:28+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T11:59:32+00:00

    the recurrence was not working.. 

    I had to restart the computer several times but then it went all right!

    thank you very much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T10:19:59+00:00

    Your solution points to the fact that Office is already installed. I can't get that far..........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T09:38:47+00:00

    I followed the link provided earlier to repair program, but its been on step 2/4 for over 2 hrs, does this seem reasonable, and now I cant stop the repair process. What am I supposed to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments