Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hmm, let's try...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i keep getting this when trying to install Office 365: 'something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.' I have already completed the fix to uninstall other Office products and i have performed a clean boot, but still the same problem.... please help i'm getting desperate!
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
i had the same prob :-( so i cleared my other apps and tabs then it worked auto matically
This worked first time for me. Took about 30 seconds. Thanks for the post.
To get to the Service Panel open "File Explorer", Right Click on "Computer", Click on "Manage".
When Computer Management panel opens double click on "Services and Applications" then click "Services". You should now be able to scroll down until you find "Microsoft Office Service". Right click on it then click "Restart".
You should now be able to install MS Office 365 without the error "product busy with another task".
My laptop was accidentally turned off by my brother while MS Office was still "wrapping things up". I checked the programs and it seemed that the software was installed. But I encountered a lot of problems when I opened MS Word. So, I did the following:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click Programs
3. Click Uninstall a program
4. Right click on MS Office 365
5. Choose "Change"
6. Then choose repair online
MS Office started downloading again. Hope this helps. =)
I have the same problem, product busy with another task's problem. I have purchase office 365 and can't get it to install