Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-04T15:01:06+00:00

    Today I got a new laptop.

    After installing outlook 2013 this issue is not happening.

    The only difference I can see at first was the themes, on my old installation I had windows themes disabled (even the service) and in this new windows 7 installation is still in the default theme.

    The resolution and video card is also different.

    I tried several different themes - including Aero, Windows 7, downloaded and "basic" - I have the problem with all of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-05T09:26:05+00:00

    Today I got a new laptop.

    After installing outlook 2013 this issue is not happening.

    The only difference I can see at first was the themes, on my old installation I had windows themes disabled (even the service) and in this new windows 7 installation is still in the default theme.

    The resolution and video card is also different.

    I tried several different themes - including Aero, Windows 7, downloaded and "basic" - I have the problem with all of them.  

    Then it seems that Microsoft used a new method of refreshing the outlook list that does not work on all computers... very annoying, I'm glad that it's working correctly on my new computer.

    THis time was lync 2013 that had an issue. The application was not detecting any audio devices but they were all installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T21:52:42+00:00

    Having the same issue. I'm using a Windows 7 machine I bought a year and half ago. Just upgraded from Office 2010 and the issue comes up constantly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-17T08:51:03+00:00

    Per the Outlook Escalation Team: "I just wanted to update you that this is a known problem, and one for which  a hot fix request has already been filed with the product group. From what I gather..it will be a couple of months before the fix is available as a public download."

    Thanks for confirming this, did you have a reference or means of receiving an announcement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T19:45:14+00:00

    Any new information on a fix for the inbox delay issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments