Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T11:31:03+00:00

    Hi Stan,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thanks for posting the question. By the description, I understand that e-mails still show in the Inbox after deleting and only if the folder is refreshed the deleted items disappears.

    What is the type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange) setup in Outlook?

    Method 1:

    Open Outlook in safe mode and check if you can delete e-mails without refreshing. Follow the steps:

    1. Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Outlook /safe (leave a space after Outlook) -> Click OK.

    If you are able to delete e-mails without refreshing, then disable the add-ins and check if it helps. Follow the steps disable the add-ins:

    1. Click on File -> Go to Options.
    2. Click on Add-ins -> select a COM Add-ins under Manage -> Click Go
    3. Select the add-ins to disable -> Click OK.

    Method 2:

    Let us create a new profile in Outlook and setup the e-mail account. Refer the article on How to create a new profile:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

    I hope one of the method helps to fix the issue. If not, then reply and I will be happy to help you.

    Thank You

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-06T01:37:52+00:00

    Thank you for the quick response.

    This mail account is a POP3 account, linked to Gmail.

    When I ran Outlook in Safe mode, there was no refresh problem and, in fact, Outlook felt "snappier".

    I then exited Outlook and restarted normally and looked at what COM add-ins were running.

    • Norton AntiSpam
    • Outlook Change Notifier
    • Outlook Social Connector
    • Streets and Trips add-on for email communication
    • iCloud Outlook Add-in
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Microsoft VBA for Outlook
    • Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
    • OneNote Notes about Outlook

    I then disabled

    • iCloud Outlook Add-in
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Microsoft VBA for Outlook
    • Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
    • OneNote Notes about Outlook

    and that seemed to fix it. Since this is a stand-alone system at home, I did not need those enterprise

    add-ins.

    Thanks very much,

    Stan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-03T05:14:38+00:00

    Hi had the same problem.

    I disabled these two add-ins, and the problem went away for me as well:

    • Outlook Social Connector
    • OneNote Notes about Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T09:51:21+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    Disabled all Add-ins, but the problem remains.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-19T15:44:15+00:00

    I have same problem. Consistently after deleting emails the view goes on top. Very irritating. I am viewing emails sorted by subject and have disabled all add ins. I want that after I delete a message then the view should be refreshed and previous email is shown.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments