Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T14:53:36+00:00

    Has anyone found a solution for this, I just installed Office 2013 SP1 and still the same problem exists, I have created a new profile and still when we sort emails by sender, and then hit the delete button on the ribbon nothing really happens, but if we use the delete button on the keyboard then they are deleted just fine.  We are using a surface pro here and like I said I created a brand new profile and still the same error.

    Kevin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T20:05:56+00:00

    This seems to be working for me as well, both for deletes and for the SimplyFile add-in I use.  Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T15:39:17+00:00

    I had this same problem, until I looked at the File->Options-> Mail and changed the "After moving or deleting an open item from "return to the current folder" to "open the next item".

    This stopped the "error" - which really on hid it the issue - but did resolve me from having to wash the screen by pulling the window bar down and up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T02:43:21+00:00

    Thank you for the quick response.

     

    This mail account is a POP3 account, linked to Gmail.

     

    When I ran Outlook in Safe mode, there was no refresh problem and, in fact, Outlook felt "snappier".

     

    I then exited Outlook and restarted normally and looked at what COM add-ins were running.

    • Norton AntiSpam
    • Outlook Change Notifier
    • Outlook Social Connector
    • Streets and Trips add-on for email communication
    • iCloud Outlook Add-in
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Microsoft VBA for Outlook
    • Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
    • OneNote Notes about Outlook

     

    I then disabled

    • iCloud Outlook Add-in
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Microsoft VBA for Outlook
    • Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
    • OneNote Notes about Outlook

    and that seemed to fix it. Since this is a stand-alone system at home, I did not need those enterprise

    add-ins.

     

    Thanks very much,

    Stan

     

     

    The series above is informative, but not precisely addressing the change I'd like to make.  I recently installed Office 2013, and was very pleased with the red "x" icon on the right hand side of each listed email, because with one click on the "x" it could be deleted.  I've since tried One Note, and wonder if that has a relationship with the fact that this very useful red "x" no longer functions as a way of deleting an email with one click.  I'd like to be able to use the "x" for deleting again.  Thanks in advance for guidance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-20T20:41:32+00:00

    We're having the same problem here.  I have a user on a brand new T430 Thinkpad and he's using Outlook 2013.  We found today (thanks to you guys) that this was the problem he's having.  MS please fix this!!!!  :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments