Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T08:28:46+00:00

    We are seeing this issue too, but has anyone opened a case with Microsoft and confirmed that it is a known bug

    Do we have an easy way to do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T07:42:36+00:00

    We are seeing this problem as well.  Happens in both 32 and 64 bit, Desktop and Terminal services, both under Hyper-V and VMware, and with or without hardware acceleration enabled.  At this point, I'm inclined to think it is a source level bug in Outlook, not a graphics issue.

    I have a client about ready to revert to Office 2010 rather than have to deal with Outlook 2013 faulty displays.

    The "After moving or Deleting and Open item:", "Open next item" solution (under File/Options/Mail/Other) does seem to mask the problem.  I'll have them give this a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T20:04:28+00:00

    We are seeing this issue too, but has anyone opened a case with Microsoft and confirmed that it is a known bug?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T13:29:50+00:00

    I now understand how to replicate this problem...

    it only happen when reading an email in full screen and delete it.

    If email is in a non maximized window it deletes, and refresh inbox just fine...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T11:04:20+00:00

    I have this problem as well.

    I have windows 7 64 bits, upgraded from office 2010 to office 2013 installed sp 1 and now I have this issue...

    I use 2 exchange accounts with cached enchange mode to set to keep all mail offline..

    this is very annoying gui issue :( I will try to clean isntall office 2013

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments