Outlook 2013: Inbox does not refresh after deleting an email

Anonymous
2013-02-04T17:13:44+00:00

When I delete an email (or multiple emails) from my inbox, the inbox view does not refresh; the deleted emails are still there. I must move the inbox scroll bar to force a refresh. Even then, it leaves me at the start of the inbox, rather than at the current email.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Or, is it a bug?

I have the inbox set to oldest on top/newest on the bottom.

Office 365 Home/Premium

Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit, all patches installed

16 MB

Core i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz

Plenty of free disk space

Thanks,

Stan

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T18:21:55+00:00

    I am having the same problem, the only add in I didn't disable is the Exchange add in as it is needed in our environment (SBS 2011) or is it?    The problem doesn't surface when is safe mode.

    I rebuilt the profile, removed flag from the columns and changed the open message default not to be maximized and it seemed to have worked until today it started back up again, I also disabled all addins.  Again it works fine in safe mode but the problem will not go away.  I also considered it may be the drivers for the video card but that was not the case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T01:44:22+00:00

    Read some place else. If you delete using delete key on keyboard it works fine. However when you use delete button on outlook ribbon the problem appears except when emails are sorted by time. Tried it and this seems to work. Temporary work around but at least its working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T21:37:07+00:00

    I am having the same problem, the only add in I didn't disable is the Exchange add in as it is needed in our environment (SBS 2011) or is it?    The problem doesn't surface when is safe mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-19T15:44:15+00:00

    I have same problem. Consistently after deleting emails the view goes on top. Very irritating. I am viewing emails sorted by subject and have disabled all add ins. I want that after I delete a message then the view should be refreshed and previous email is shown.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T09:51:21+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    Disabled all Add-ins, but the problem remains.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments