Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
Fantastic... Cheers matey.
John
This was the only thing that worked for me (Windows 7) after trying all the above:
START, right click on a Microsoft Office program
Troubleshoot compatibility
Try recommended settings
Program compatibility - Start the program - Next
then..Yes, save these settings
When next I ran a MS Office program it authenticated without the "sorry blah, blah, blah..."
Good luck, I wasted half a day.
Tim
After having finally gotten it installed and activated, now whenever I attempt to open a Word document, or just open the program without opening a specific document ... whenever I do ANYTHING with Office, I get the little window that advises:
User Account Control
Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
And I have to allow it to continue. Even if the program is running - I have a Word document already open - if I open another document, once again, I must "allow the following program to make changes to this computer"
This can't be normal ... is it?