Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T12:48:28+00:00

    Thank you

    It works also for me. Microsoft hotlines were not abble to find a solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T19:10:44+00:00

    Just doing the Run as Administrator didn't work for me.

    I found that I needed to do an Online Repair (from Control Panel>Programs and Features) for MS Office Pro Plus.  Then I ran an Office app (Excel in my case) as administrator.  I've done this twice and one time it said "your installation is now active" and on a separate machine it made me log in as the user then it activated.

    Definitely different results from the same process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-24T21:24:33+00:00

    so simple... and yet so aggravating!!! thanks for the help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments