Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
Thank you
Does anyone know why they insist this is run as administrator. I have just wasted half a day uninstalling and reinstalling.
It's called apathy. Microsoft couldn't care less. Software developers have one thing in mind - separating you from your money by pushing buggy, poorly conceived code and then leaving the bug fixing up to their unfortunate users.
Right click on any Office program and select "Run as Administrator". As soon as I did that the activation successfully was completed (which had previoulsy been completed several weeeks prior). Wasted 2 days on this problem.