Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T13:34:47+00:00

    I spent several different evenings on this...I right clicked on excel2016 ran as administrator and it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments