Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
Hello Franklin,
Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.
What happens when you try to activate Office?
Do you receive any error message?
You may refer to the following link which provides information on how to activate Office 365 or Office 2013.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/activate-office-2013-programs-HA102819770.aspx
I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you.
I have an issue where no matter how many times I activate it is says it is not activated and my Office 365 is unlisenced. after an hour in a chat session an hour of remote access I am now waiting for Level 2 support to call in 2 days, meanwhile I cannot finish my assignments and am running the risk of failing my course. I have done all trouble shooting that can personally be done and so did the tech support. This is highly frustrating as I pay a monthly fee just to use the damn thing. It worked great on this laptop until I installed Windows 10
It hasn't worked for me at all...it still refuses to activate. I think that it may have activated online but not on the actual software.