Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-25T12:30:42+00:00

    Hello Norma,

    I know how difficult it is if you are unable to activate Office 365 Home on the computer.

    You may refer to the following article which discusses about the similar issue and check if it helps.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2899838

    I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-18T17:32:35+00:00

    This worked.  Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-03T00:31:34+00:00

    This didn't work -- every application sends me to the same sign-in where even my Product Key goes in but then I am told the email address is not my Microsoft email -- I took a screen shot of it in the profile to show that it is, but I don't know how to contact a real person. Meanwhile no Word...and I'm a teacher. Help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments