Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-20T13:40:13+00:00

    Hello Dennis,

    You may uncheck the option running in compatibility mode if checked and check the option ‘Run the file as administrator’:

    Check if Excel is running in compatibility mode by following the step below:

    · Close Excel.

    · Browse to the location mentioned below:

    For Win8 32 bit:

    · C:, Program Files, Microsoft Office, Office15

    For Win8 64 bit:

    C:, Program Files (x86), Microsoft Office, Office15

    · Right click on Excel.exe, Properties, Compatibility

    · Uncheck the box Run this Program in Compatibility Mode, Make sure you also click on the option change settings for all users tab at the bottom of the same screen and check the option Run this program as an administrator. Click **** on Apply and Ok.

    I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T08:26:03+00:00

    After having finally gotten it installed and activated, now whenever I attempt to open a Word document, or just open the program without opening a specific document ... whenever I do ANYTHING with Office, I get the little window that advises:

    User Account Control

    Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?

    And I have to allow it to continue. Even if the program is running - I have a Word document already open - if I open another document, once again, I must "allow the following program to make changes to this computer"

    This can't be normal ... is it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-31T18:29:10+00:00

    This was the only thing that worked for me (Windows 7) after trying all the above:

    START, right click on a Microsoft Office program

    Troubleshoot compatibility

    Try recommended settings

    Program compatibility - Start the program - Next

    then..Yes, save these settings

    When next I ran a MS Office program it authenticated without the "sorry blah, blah, blah..."

    Good luck, I wasted half a day.

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments