Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-25T12:30:42+00:00

    Hello Norma,

    I know how difficult it is if you are unable to activate Office 365 Home on the computer.

    You may refer to the following article which discusses about the similar issue and check if it helps.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2899838

    I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-23T02:15:11+00:00

    Thanks Peter,

    I tried this but had the same old "something went wrong" message. Have spent two days trying to get this sorted out, so far.

    Norma

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T20:44:48+00:00

    Had several different computers do this.

    Right-clicking on Excel (or other Office program; in the Start Menu) and selecting Run as administrator allowed it to activate for some.

    For those that didn't, this thread got it working:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-excel/getting-error-0x8007005-office-2013-hb-activation/1f1d9abc-9bd7-44b6-825f-c5d3eadcc9a8?page=3

    Open command prompt as administrator. 

    cd \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15

    enter cscript ospp.vbs /act

    BTW, the 0x8007005 error is "Access is denied" (from running the command cscript ospp.vbs /ddescr:0x80070005)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments