Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
This was exactly what I needed! All I had to do was right click on run as admin and it automatically activated.
Thanks!
I also cant get it to open.Waste of the last 30 mins of my life I will never get back!!! Arrrrgggg
How the heck can an organization let something like this slip through their fingers? The most basic operation AND one of the first things you do when you get the software (after wrestling with the impossible installation) is merely try to activate it.
Microsoft, please...do some homework, or go away.
I agree - I still cannot believe I infected my imac with microsoft products that do not work.