Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
same problem with me , I regret to buy rubbish microsft office 365 Home Premium about hundred over Singapore dollar only can use a month , no more next time !!!
Hi Guys, for an organisation with 400 strong office 365 users, this really isn't viable to get every user to select run as administrator everytime we roll new machine out or users hot-desk. I contact Microsoft and they gave me the below response.
Hello Andy,
As we discussed on call that its an ongoing issue with Microsoft and we are investigating the issue.
Also we cannot open the case for so long hence we can go ahead and temporary close this Service Request. And you can reopen the Service Request when you need any assistance on this case. I will be more than glad to assist you. Please let me know if you have any other query or concerns.
It was my pleasure to assist you on the issue of the above case. I am providing you with a summary of the key points of the case for your records. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me; my contact information is listed below.
Regards,
Aamir Khan | Technical Support Engineer | Microsoft Online Services Technical Support**|** Ph : ****+44 808.234.3180 (Ext. 64311)**| Mon-Fri :**08:00 HRS - 17:30 HRS GMT
I can't believe how simple this was. Thanks for your help. AWESOME!