Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
so simple... and yet so aggravating!!! thanks for the help
Just doing the Run as Administrator didn't work for me.
I found that I needed to do an Online Repair (from Control Panel>Programs and Features) for MS Office Pro Plus. Then I ran an Office app (Excel in my case) as administrator. I've done this twice and one time it said "your installation is now active" and on a separate machine it made me log in as the user then it activated.
Definitely different results from the same process.
Thank you
It works also for me. Microsoft hotlines were not abble to find a solution!