Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Thank you!!! I spent two very frustrating hours yesterday on the phone with Microsoft "technical support" and the problem was still not solved. I am now waiting for Level II support to call me and have a go at it. In the meantime I googled the problem, and thanks to your reply, it was fixed in 10 seconds. All I had to do was right click on any Office program and select Run as Administrator. As soon as I did that I had a pop-up confirming my successful activation, and all features now work. If I could find the answer on Google, why couldn't the technical support experts? Oh, and the best part, my two hour phone call ended with the "expert" telling me to have a great day. You may want to vary that part of the script if you've failed to offer any assistance.
right click> run as admin and activate
awesome thanks, that is all I needed to do as well. just run as an adminisrator