Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
right click> run as admin and activate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".
I still have about 25 days' subscription left.
Please tell how I can activate this.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
right click> run as admin and activate
This worked for me
"In case you haven't already found the solution right click on Excel 2013 (or any other Office 2013 application) and select 'Run as Administrator' then follow the steps to activate online"
This didn't work -- every application sends me to the same sign-in where even my Product Key goes in but then I am told the email address is not my Microsoft email -- I took a screen shot of it in the profile to show that it is, but I don't know how to contact a real person. Meanwhile no Word...and I'm a teacher. Help
This worked. Thanks!!
Hello Norma,
I know how difficult it is if you are unable to activate Office 365 Home on the computer.
You may refer to the following article which discusses about the similar issue and check if it helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2899838
I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you.