How to turn off "Microsoft Office Upload Center" in Office 2010

Anonymous
2012-01-07T18:34:27+00:00

As stated, I've recently installed office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 UltSP1.  Now I have an orange icon in the tray which highlights as "Microsoft office Upload Center" and I see no way to disable this "mini-app"  Any ideas?  I'm sure there must be a way.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-07T21:50:35+00:00

I found out how.  You can block its startup by unchecking it in msconfig> startup, the MSOSYNC entry,   Also it can be blocked in a registry edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Remove the "OfficeSyncProcess" DWord entry

Following a restart the system tray icon did not appear, nor do I see any process for it running.  This issue has been discussed in some previous posts related to Office 2010 integration wiht sharepoint and SkyDrive, apparently.  I had just not encountered it before having Office 2010 on a machine.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T16:17:20+00:00

    I found out how.  You can block its startup by unchecking it in msconfig> startup, the MSOSYNC entry,   Also it can be blocked in a registry edit:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    Remove the "OfficeSyncProcess" DWord entry

     

    Following a restart the system tray icon did not appear, nor do I see any process for it running.  This issue has been discussed in some previous posts related to Office 2010 integration wiht sharepoint and SkyDrive, apparently.  I had just not encountered it before having Office 2010 on a machine.

    You can also delete or rename the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\msosync.exe to get around these Microsoft idiots' arrogance. (The folder it's in may be slightly different depending on your version)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-22T15:48:38+00:00

    Well, for Office 365 (based on Office 2013)...

    Since I just want the notification icon in the tray to be hidden, I can do this:

    Right click the tray icon -> Settings -> Uncheck "Display icon in notification area" -> OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-08T07:29:45+00:00

    For Office 2013 (and I presume 2010 as well), Office Upload Center starts as a task.

    So either get Sysinternals Autoruns and uncheck it there

    or go to Control panel > Systems and Security > Admin Tools > Task Scheduler and disable it from there.

    No it isn't there. I am running Autoruns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-27T13:48:39+00:00

    I do not find this key in my registry. What to do?

    Rune

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments