How to turn off "Microsoft Office Upload Center" in Office 2010

Anonymous
2012-01-07T18:34:27+00:00

As stated, I've recently installed office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 UltSP1.  Now I have an orange icon in the tray which highlights as "Microsoft office Upload Center" and I see no way to disable this "mini-app"  Any ideas?  I'm sure there must be a way.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-07T21:50:35+00:00

I found out how.  You can block its startup by unchecking it in msconfig> startup, the MSOSYNC entry,   Also it can be blocked in a registry edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Remove the "OfficeSyncProcess" DWord entry

Following a restart the system tray icon did not appear, nor do I see any process for it running.  This issue has been discussed in some previous posts related to Office 2010 integration wiht sharepoint and SkyDrive, apparently.  I had just not encountered it before having Office 2010 on a machine.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-22T06:45:54+00:00

    Ok, here's the simplest way:

    1. Find MSOUC.exe and MSOSYNC.exe using whatever way you can.
    2. Rename them, better delete their *exe extension too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-31T23:06:14+00:00

    start -> run

    msconfig

    Startup Tab

    uncheck both microsoft office 2010 items (msosync.exe and bcssync.exe)

    press ok.

    restart and you are done!

    Hope it helps!

    Sadly, this does not work with Windows 8.  The startup tab is now in Task Manager, and it appears that Microsoft has hidden all the Microsoft startup processes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T03:11:06+00:00

    and the minute you download another file, you have to repeat this..

    so no. not a practical solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-07T06:22:28+00:00

    This is not the answer! I went to this registry and did not have "OfficeSyncProcess".

    Why is there not a way to turn this off without hacking the registry?

    I am putting this in all my reviews of Office 2013 all over

    Answer is that the guys at Microsoft who programmed this software are a bunch of unts who couldn't get a job at Apple sweeping the floors!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments