How to turn off "Microsoft Office Upload Center" in Office 2010

Anonymous
2012-01-07T18:34:27+00:00

As stated, I've recently installed office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 UltSP1.  Now I have an orange icon in the tray which highlights as "Microsoft office Upload Center" and I see no way to disable this "mini-app"  Any ideas?  I'm sure there must be a way.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-07T21:50:35+00:00

I found out how.  You can block its startup by unchecking it in msconfig> startup, the MSOSYNC entry,   Also it can be blocked in a registry edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Remove the "OfficeSyncProcess" DWord entry

Following a restart the system tray icon did not appear, nor do I see any process for it running.  This issue has been discussed in some previous posts related to Office 2010 integration wiht sharepoint and SkyDrive, apparently.  I had just not encountered it before having Office 2010 on a machine.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T03:56:39+00:00

    Is anyone able to help please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T01:51:40+00:00

    Here you go...


    Disable Office Upload Center1. Open task manager and kill MSOSYNC.EXE and OSPPSVC.EXE2.  Search C: for MSOSYNC.EXE and note which one is the actual Office folder, then delete them all3. Go to the Office folder and create a MSOSYNC.txt file and edit it to put the quit command in it.4.  Rename the file to MSOSYNC.EXE and then change the permissions so the user owns it, and remove all permissions except for the user which should have all except WRITE.5.  Reboot

    Hi all, I know this is an old thread but I would be very grateful for any help here.

    I've just spent a lot on the newest version of Office and I find that these processes really affect my laptop's performance.

    I understand most of the steps described above but I get confused at step 4. Who is the user and how do I change permissions so the user owns it? Do the same steps have to be carried out for the OSPPSVC.EXE file?

    I am in dire need of help with this so please do let me know if possible. Really frustrated to see what it's doing to my system after I took the time to upgrade. Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-23T11:17:09+00:00

    I found out how . You can do it easily, just follow my steps :

    1The first thing u have to do is install Ccleaner. here the link : http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

    why do i install it ? because it has a tool to disable all the services that are loaded at startup.

    2 when u had finished installing the program, use the free version (30 days) 

    3 Click Tools -> Startup ->Scheduled Task -> disable Microsoft Office Upload Center for.......

    4 Done. 

     Hope it helps

    I'm Vietnamese so my english is not quite good :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-17T15:14:10+00:00

    I just right clicked on the orange icon in the tray and unchecked everything and checked delete cache on exit and deleted the cache, clicked OK and the Tray icon disappeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments