How to turn off "Microsoft Office Upload Center" in Office 2010

Anonymous
2012-01-07T18:34:27+00:00

As stated, I've recently installed office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 UltSP1.  Now I have an orange icon in the tray which highlights as "Microsoft office Upload Center" and I see no way to disable this "mini-app"  Any ideas?  I'm sure there must be a way.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-07T21:50:35+00:00

I found out how.  You can block its startup by unchecking it in msconfig> startup, the MSOSYNC entry,   Also it can be blocked in a registry edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Remove the "OfficeSyncProcess" DWord entry

Following a restart the system tray icon did not appear, nor do I see any process for it running.  This issue has been discussed in some previous posts related to Office 2010 integration wiht sharepoint and SkyDrive, apparently.  I had just not encountered it before having Office 2010 on a machine.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-22T15:48:38+00:00

    Well, for Office 365 (based on Office 2013)...

    Since I just want the notification icon in the tray to be hidden, I can do this:

    Right click the tray icon -> Settings -> Uncheck "Display icon in notification area" -> OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-21T08:42:58+00:00

    Right click on the Upload center icon on the taskbar--> Settings-->Display notification , uncheck. Done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-12T18:24:02+00:00

    Go to Start Menu> All Programs> Microsoft Office>Office Tools> Right click "Microsoft Office Upload Center" and choose Delete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-07T06:22:28+00:00

    This is not the answer! I went to this registry and did not have "OfficeSyncProcess".

    Why is there not a way to turn this off without hacking the registry?

    I am putting this in all my reviews of Office 2013 all over

    Answer is that the guys at Microsoft who programmed this software are a bunch of unts who couldn't get a job at Apple sweeping the floors!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments