How to disable Microsoft Upload Center 2013 ?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:49:19+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However now there is no way to stop upload centre from starting upon startup. There are no values for it under the startup tab in task manager or the registry startup sections. Strangely enough the old value for office 2010 MSOsync was left behind but I removed it.

How can I stop it from running like in Office 2010 ?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-27T00:22:20+00:00

    Do you have SkyDrive desktop app installed? If so, it will have become integrated with this Upload Center. To disable SkyDrive for use with Office 2013, follow these steps:

    • Right-click the SkyDrive icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click Show hidden icons first to see the icon.) Then click Settings.
    • On the Settings tab, under General, deselect Use Office to sync files faster and work on files with other people at the same time, and then click OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-27T15:52:19+00:00

    Do you have SkyDrive desktop app installed? If so, it will have become integrated with this Upload Center. To disable SkyDrive for use with Office 2013, follow these steps:

    • Right-click the SkyDrive icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click Show hidden icons first to see the icon.) Then click Settings.
    • On the Settings tab, under General, deselect Use Office to sync files faster and work on files with other people at the same time, and then click OK.

    I only have the Skydrive Windows 8 App in the start menu...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T17:36:15+00:00

    Thanks man !! at last this(your solution) solved my problem ...love u man ....thanks u r great.....couldn't find any solution but then your post helped me :D ...atlast i am at peace ...with this fu***** up upload centre ......

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T20:26:05+00:00

    I don't have that setting - I only have "Start SkyDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" and "Let me use SkyDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC" and "Automatically send log files to SkyDrive when I experience a problem"

    I am running skydrive Build 17.0.2003.1112

    I checked and it looks like this is the latest version. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T16:01:55+00:00

    Install Ccleaner and

    tools>startup>scheduled tasks

    you see office app.

    You can disable it or completely delete...

    thats all...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments