How to disable Microsoft Upload Center 2013 ?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:49:19+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However now there is no way to stop upload centre from starting upon startup. There are no values for it under the startup tab in task manager or the registry startup sections. Strangely enough the old value for office 2010 MSOsync was left behind but I removed it.

How can I stop it from running like in Office 2010 ?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-29T15:02:49+00:00

    Hello

    Go to the Desktop in Windows 8, right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.

    In the Startup tab, see if the Upload Center is listed, if so, select it and click on Disable.

    If not listed, check the Services tab. If you locate it in there, click on "Open Services" at the very bottom of the window.

    Again, locate the Upload Service, right-click on it and select Properties. In the general tab change Startup type to disabled or Manual.

    If you just want to 'kill' the process for this session of Windows, in the Task Manager click on the Processes tab, locate the Upload Service, select it and click on End Task.

    Thanks...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-23T11:54:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. I am using Windows 8 as it says in the header. The article refers to upload center 2010 not 2013, and as I stated there is no option to disable it in task manager or in the registry.

    I don't know if it is a good idea to delete the .exe files I just wanted to stop them from starting automatically.

    Why is it different from Office 2010 ? Why is there no registry key/icon for it in the startup (run) sections ?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-23T02:43:47+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We will definitely assist you to resolve your issue.

    You may refer the link mentioned below which discusses about the similar issue and check if it helps:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officesetupdeployprevious/thread/79e88e72-e9a2-4740-a41e-dbec4511ec59

    To delete MSOUC.EXE and MSOSYNC.EXE you may browse to the location mentioned below:

    Win8 32bit:

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office 15

    Win8 64bit:

    C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15

    C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15    

    C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office \Office 15

    Note: For Office 2013 you have to browse to Office 15 folder.

    I hope the above suggestions helps to resolve your issue. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments