How to disable Microsoft Upload Center 2013 ?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:49:19+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However now there is no way to stop upload centre from starting upon startup. There are no values for it under the startup tab in task manager or the registry startup sections. Strangely enough the old value for office 2010 MSOsync was left behind but I removed it.

How can I stop it from running like in Office 2010 ?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-01T08:51:43+00:00

    I did this, but now I cannot create Pdf's anymore - all my office products want to store them somehow in the could, but without the Upload Center this does not work.

    Now I am installing a different Pdf-Creator, but I think this is not a real solution.

    Also now I see every time I save a file MS trying to install some software... This just does not feel good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-25T08:11:41+00:00

    Placing a setting which regards Office Upload Center in Onenote: really lame job, dear MS...

    Many, MANY thanks, dear Geek-o-Matic!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-06T15:55:32+00:00

    If you simply want to configure the settings by policy instead of fully removing it, policies exist, but they are undocumented and are not exposed in Office 2012 group policy templates. I discovered these using process monitor.

    Here are the relevant policy keys:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\15.0\common\FileIO]

    "DisableUploadFailureNotification"=dword:00000001

    "DisablePausedUploadNotification"=dword:00000001

    "DisableNotificationIcon"=dword:00000001

    "DisablePendingUploadNotification"=dword:00000001

    Set those using group policy preferences in replace mode and it will be equivalent to setting it by group policy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T09:33:53+00:00

    removed Office 2013 because it is a spy programm that steals my papers using its Microsoft Upload Center 2013

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-12T05:30:12+00:00

    Re: Disable MS upload center office 2013

    MSOSYNC is not in Office15 for Win7x64, I searched whole directory nor is it in MSCONFIG startup.

    Do you know how to disable for windows7 x 64?

    I had no luck with that link either

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments