How to disable Microsoft Upload Center 2013 ?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:49:19+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However now there is no way to stop upload centre from starting upon startup. There are no values for it under the startup tab in task manager or the registry startup sections. Strangely enough the old value for office 2010 MSOsync was left behind but I removed it.

How can I stop it from running like in Office 2010 ?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T18:14:11+00:00

    I have skydrive installed. The office upload center starts on my system and I do not have a problem with this. However, there have been a few files appear in the upload center as needing updates even thought the files were not opened or editted. In once instance the file corrupted on both sides, my client and the skydrive cloud. This caused me to loose the file.

    Is there some reason why it would be seeing random files as needing updates, possibly virus scans or something along those lines? Are there exclusions for skydrive, office or office upload center?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-06T13:21:11+00:00

    ccleaner worked...

    I tried also sheduled tasks on computer manager uner win 8.1.

    Did not work anyway.

    It's a pitty that you need thrid party sw to disable ms products!

    It's an even greater pity how pathetic Windows itself has become. I hate the SmartPhone for PC OS... piece of garbage. Makes me want to avoid using the systems that have been "upgraded" to Win8/8.1 OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-06T08:52:32+00:00

    ccleaner worked...

    I tried also sheduled tasks on computer manager uner win 8.1.

    Did not work anyway.

    It's a pitty that you need thrid party sw to disable ms products!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-27T18:31:43+00:00

    On Windows 8.1 you can try:

    left bottom, right click then "Computer manager"

    then "System Utility" and find "Scheduler task".

    Under Microsoft item, you 'd see "Office" and in this list eliminate the tasks of Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-24T09:31:58+00:00

    Thank you very much Anula D'Souza for the solution. it really helped. Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments