Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hello everyone.
I'm writing also in regard of this post ("Error: Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working").
So basically I was trying to install Microsoft Office 2013 and was instantly receiving "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 encountered an error during setup" error. Tried cleaning all registry stuff, *Microsoft Fix-It,*played with Task Scheduler and all the things guys mentioned here. So I pretty much gave up and went searching for alternatives. Downloaded some open-source programs and saw that I couldn't install them either! Another problem. Windows Installer service was faulted. To be precise, it was missing. So I followed method 2 given in this post and bingo, I got no setup error nor bootstrapper faults!
It might not be it, but I recommend for you to check if Windows Installer is working correctly.
I hope it helps.